Ubuntu Server Installation and Set Up
Following are some quite notes about intallation of Ubuntu Server.
- install with 14.1 server CD Download ISO image from official site: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/server Burn on a disk and install following on-screen instructions.
- Install Packages There are not too many packages needed for the server package, but update,upgrade and istall whatever you need.
ClamAV Antivirus -preinstalled already123sudo apt-get install clamav clamtk
Install Emacs with Org-mode123sudo apt-get install emacs
install a WordPress site link Install following is missing php extention link error link123sudo apt-get install php5-mysql
- Install Joomla site same as wordpress, create DB, and grant right, and browse to direction and follow instruction.
- Install Media Wiki site
Some Useful Liux Commands
- echo 1 ; echo 2 ; echo 3 # sequential
- echo 1 & echo 2 & echo 3 # backgrounding, possibly parallel
- grep foo test.txt && echo foo is in test.txt # conditional, on success
- grep foo test.txt || echo foo is not in test.txt # conditional, on failure
Making executable scripts: #!-shebang/hashbang
#!/usr/bin/env bash echo “Hello World” chmod +x hello.sh ./hello.sh
- rm -rf “Dropbox (之前)”/ —to remove file with space in name
- sudo !! excute last command with sudo right
- ! ## excute the line listing in history command
- C-r in command to search for history command
- or history and then !# to execute that command, C-r is more elegant and efficient.
About the Author:Beyond 8 hours - Computer, Sports, Family...