Setup and configuration
Adapted from org-mode official site.
Three great virtues of a programmer; Laziness, Impatience and Hubris. – Larry Wall
- Laziness: The quality that makes you go to great effort to reduce overall energy expenditure. It makes you write labor-saving programs that other people will find useful and document what you wrote so you don’t have to answer so many questions about it.
- Impatience: The anger you feel when the computer is being lazy. This makes you write programs that don’t ...
It was a late night, and I did a full system update. Either it failed during update or whatever … as I said it is late and I am tired… The system won’t boot into Linux the next morning
The reason was …
As I suspected, the kernal is corrupted.
rollback the kernal from cache:
I came across this script after a long struggle to set up a hotspot using my computer’s internet service, wired or wirelss. Create_ap script uses hostapd + dnsmasq + iptables to create a NATed Access Point OR hostapd + brctl + dhclient to create a bridged Access Point. The default behavior is a NATed Access Point,see here or github.
Requirement and Eligibility Check
You need a nl80211 compatible wireless device, which ...15Share
Here’s what you need to do in order to get LIRC working properly on Raspbian:
- Make sure you are running the version of Raspbian which has the LIRC modules included
- Install lirc from apt-get
- Add a couple of entries into the /etc/modules file
- Use dmesg to ensure the Lirc settings have loaded properly
- Run a system command to ensure the the device is reading the signals from the remote control
- Run an lirc program to record the IR ...
After a long search (see session below), I came across this tool for PDF annotation. PDF Tools is a DocView replacement for pdf on steroids. It renders pdf files in memory on demand, thus allows much extended capabilities, such as annotation, search and lots more just like another org file. See it in action here or my screen cast.
Update: What ...16Share
Notes About Some Basics
One of the widely used IMU(Inertial Measurement Unit) chip is MPU-6050. It contains gyroscopes combined with accelerometers and universally used in smart phones, video game remotes, quad-copters, etc. It is very inexpensive and easy to setup with all resources online.
Wiring with Arduino Mega 256026Share
Posted by: mistan
After the success of the first project, RLM decided to hack into one of his childhood treasure -Gameboy Console.
The task of this project is to: 1) reverse engineer and hack Gameboy in order to control it with Arduino, 2) and remotely play it from web.
The Soldering and the Arduino Sketch Code
The biggest challenge is to reverse engineer the ...3Share