It is always fascinating when the virtual reality starts to compete with real world, particularly when one can track user’s locomotion, head movement, gestures, EEG and vital statistics etc. Here is just a little teaser project about virtual reality.
- Arduino Uno or other board
- Hc-sr04 Ultrasonic Distance Measuring Sensor
- connecting wires
The fritzing schematic
Table of Contents
- 1. Mu4e in Arch Linux
- 2. Installation
- 3. Use getmail to retrieve your email from all your account
- 4. Install davmail for exchange server access
- 5. Process emails with Procmail
- 6. Filter and protection with Spamassassin and Clamvirus
There is always different ways to achieve the same goal. This is very true in programming, so is in life. Most times we like to think there is only one way – our way.
set up Arch Linux system for node and johnny-five etc.
Arduino Interrupts and some of its Usage
Background and rational
In the process of developing a device, we come across a situation that we needed a responsive way to abort the device; However Arduino will be stuck in the middle of loop and only response after that, esp when the only communication to Arduino is via a serial port. We have adapted a very wasteful way of putting the whole ...
Official Arduino IDE does not agree with PI and it sucks any way.
[update] Platformio is a better way!
There are two major ways to compile and upload sketch files to Arduino: a. use IDEs (Arduino IDE, Emacs IDE, Fritzing or ArduIDE). or b. use a terminal. Arch official site explains well, however, most of it does not apply to RasPi with Arch Linux. It DOES work with regular ...
Fritzinn and Arduino to control a bi-color LED with PWM
An inexpensive credit-card-size computer
From official site: “The Raspberry Pi is a credit-card sized computer that plugs into your TV and a keyboard. It’s a capable little PC which can be used for many of the things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word-processing and games. It also plays high-definition video.”
Arch Linux installation on Raspberry Pi
Ubuntu Server Installation and Set Up
Following are some quite notes about intallation of Ubuntu Server.
- install with 14.1 server CD Download ISO image from official site: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/server Burn on a disk and install following on-screen instructions.
- Install Packages There are not too many packages needed for the server package, but update,upgrade and istall whatever you need.
ClamAV Antivirus -preinstalled already
Set Up Multiple Displays
Multi-views represent a setup when multiple display devices are attached to a computer. This is an easy configuration adapted from Arch office site.
Three ways to setup multiple-head displays with xrandr:
- to use xrandr to id and setup up monitors manually,
- to use arandr (gui version) -the easiest way, yet it is very powerful comparing with MS Windows.
- or with the help of a script to automatically detect monitors hooked ...
Fcitx to input Chinese in Emacs
This should only be used in some case, including emacs and java. Emacs has ahistorical bug, that under en_US.UTF-8 or similar locale, it will never use XIM (Though emacs is a gtk app, it use XIM). The only way to walkaround this is to use LC_CTYPE to fix this.
This was one of most obnoxious problems. With installation of my favorite Sougou(搜狗) IME, I can input Chinese ...